View Single Post
      10-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #19
Sean750
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 420iA High Exec M Sport Editon

Ok, I also managed to correctly code 8TH option SLI according to Baturbo/Greb instructions on my euro spec model.

What have I discovered so far:

This SLI retrofit only applies to F3x models that have the following options:
- Lane departure warning, collision warning: this option includes the KAFAS2 camera. You now that for sure if you have 'connectedDrive' stamped on the KAFAS2 camera, visible from the outside of the windscreen above the rear view miror. In my country this option is called 'driving assistent' 5AS
- Navi Prof 609
- 6WA or 6WB instrumentcluster

Additonal requirement: 8TH was/is an option on your F3x in your country and/or available at the dealer as retrofit for your car.

If one or more of the above is not in your car, you have to buy the SLI emulator. More on this emulator here https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1203393 This uses the speed limit information from the navigation unit and not the KAFAS2 camera, so no benefit from additional speedlimit info from roadsigns. But besides this, it works identical to the SLI retrofit.

Before coding, you must purchase a FSC code (part nr 66502444948) first. You don't need other codes (ETK shows also another code like 65502184753, this is not necessary as you are coding with ESYS and not ISTA-P).This FSC code cannot be generated by yourself. The FSC code generators you are reading about on the internet are for navigation map updates only. You have to provide the seller your VIN and after that you receive 3 or 4 files needed for SLI coding. There is no other way, period. Google 66502444948 for suppliers, a couple of them are located in Germany but they can provide the FSC files by mail.

Furthermore installing is pretty much like the explanation of Baturbo/Greb.

Make sure you got the most recent psdzData files bedore coding. Check each ECU (KOMBI NBT KAFAS2) before with 'read coding data' to see if you have the correct files on your laptop. I could not read my NBT ecu because my car was recently updated and I needed a newer psdzData version.

Also: if you have the digital display (6WB) like me you have to code DKOMBI and not KOMBI. Also I have the HU_NBT2 and not the HU_NBT. So in my case: I VO/FA coded DKOMBI/HU_NBT2/KAFAS2 after adding the 8TH option to the FA.

The FA is in alphabetical order, make sure you enter 8TH at the correct position in the FA.

With 6WB, coding 8TH SLI also added a nice feature in the speedometer, as can be seen in the second picture: a red indicator next to the needle which shows how much you are above the speedlimit. Cool! The SLI is also visible in SPORT/ECO mode.

I attached a screendump of the proper parameter settings. Notice that I didn't got the following message:

----------
AppID 126
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus accepted
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------

But instead the following:

----------
AppID 126
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus accepted
FSCCertStatus not available
----------

This didn't affect the working of SLI though, as far as I can see. I tested the car and SLI worked properly, it also recognized the roadsigns of roadwork and so on. Pretty impressive. I also got the speed limit option to enable/disable it in my idrive menu.

Hope it helpes someone. Also thanks to ShawnSheridan because a learned a lot out of his comments in the archives regarding this.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sean750; 10-24-2018 at 12:29 AM..
Appreciate 3
baturbo47.50
greb67.00