View Single Post
      02-25-2020, 11:09 AM   #16
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
Is your o-ring barb flap oriented such that it's easy to connect (at cp and tb)? Should be pointing into the cp at either end... Since it worked prior, I assume its correct, just making sure.

Also, I honestly think it should be snug with a slight "wiggle", not super tight as everyone is saying. The barb flap is designed to work with slight "play". If its super tight I think the flap could distort enough to cause a leak.

might be worth trying larger non-directional o-rings like jeremyman suggested. in this case it sounds like super-tight fitment is required...https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ng+orientation

however if you're tired of "f@ck!ng" around with this and rather just get ER and move on, i understand.
Only thing i would note here is that the CP to TB connection is a round Oring, even stock. Its only the TIC and CP to IC connections that are tapered and have the "flap" on them, where direction is important.

In terms of the "wiggle" - even after i installed my first larger than stock round Oring, the connection was snug with little to no wiggle and it still leaked. It wasn't until i had a nearly impossible to put on tight fit that the leak was solved (if you read the Oring thread you will see that i literally had to pull down will all my weight while simultaneously prying on the CP toward the IC to get it to finally go on and seal with the largest Oring). YMMV with stock Oring, but if it is lose to the point where the CP basically just falls onto the IC without resistance, it is probably too loose. My situation was specifically because of a manufacturing error, and it sounds like you might be in a similar boat.
Appreciate 1