01-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #65
TreDirtyFive
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
The M-SPORT pads are the more aggressive Euro compound. It's not in any way exclusive or related to ED delivery.

Mine squealed maybe 3 times early on. In all instances it was very light braking and the brakes were essentially cold (while taking it easy around Germany and Austria). I think if you're experiencing this squealing you're just plain driving the wrong car. Especially if you are upset about the dust. Just stick with less performance-oriented models and have the dealer slap a body kit on for you...and have them swap on a nice quiet and clean set of the more pedestrian "stock" pads.
I drive it like any other human being with spurts of spirited driving and general lazy cruising...also I'm a track whore and am not a typical BMW show-off/cruiser buyer. Which means I do brake quite hard, often, and these still squeal with regular consistency over a 1 hour drive daily. My former brembos, willwoods, and JB big brakes on my previous cars never squealed this "consistently", even with quite aggressive pads.