View Single Post
      07-04-2018, 07:05 PM   #1031
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0Chill 335i View Post
To be honest, not much a roll would have done in that situation. You probably need a pull to make a difference. I rolled mine as flat as possible and gave a slight pull and I'll still rub the exterior fender if I turn too deeply at higher speed. You appear to be lower than me and definitely more meaty. This is gonna happen, part of the stance life.
The issue is that it snagged the inner lip. Really if I had cranked it harder I probably would have cleared because my caster causes the car to raise a bit as I add more steering angle. But double guessing and only making a minor adjustment lead to this. I don't mind rubbing the inner liner but by rolling the lip it won't pull the fender out like that the next time i make a mistake.

Luckily Tire Rack's Road Hazard coverage is sending a replacement tire so I'll be back like nothing happened by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedafoe View Post
It's not because of the fenders, you just have too much tyre on that 8.5 and 9.5. Try it with 225/255 and you will not have that issue.
Nah, def not going down a tire size. I don't like the look of stretched tires. If anything I'd move to a higher offset wheel. But this fitment is perfect, Rays knew what they were doing when they made these.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0