Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i XD Alpine white

Quote:
Originally Posted by erko1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshVass View Post
I have 19inch wheels and I live in Manhattan and commute to the Bronx on a daily basis for work. I haven't had any issues, my advice is to drive slow and alert on city streets, especially streets you aren't familiar with.
I'm running 19 RFTs year round as well, I drive very frequently in manhattan, and i'm literally not going above 25mph (supporting de blasio's vision zero ) and my eyes are always glued to the road right in front of me to avoid any pothole or worse. Luckily never had any issues, I suspect stiffer RFT sidewalls do help a bit.

Some of the potholes and the road surface in general is outright dangerous in the city. A few times i hit a pot hole by mistake and it sounded as if i was about to break the rim let alone having a tire issue. It's hard to understand with the taxes where they are and the real estate values/taxes where they are, how they can't afford streets that are not embarrassing.

I'm actually thinking about switching to 20s with Michelin PSSs after these stock RFTs are gone, which is probably asking for trouble. I think i'll just try to never drive in the city after that.
Driving in the city with nice wheels can be nerve wrecking, but my train of thought is as long as you do not drive like a mad man you will be fine. I've never bent a wheel and I've been driving in nyc for well over 10+ years. I want to go with 20's and with the same tires you are thinking of.

Do you go to any bimmer meets?

6 Speed manual, AWE exhaust and mid pipe, DINAN intake, ER charge pipe, Wagner down pipe, JB4 and blue tooth connect kit, VMR wheels, DINAN springs with bump stops, DINAN shock ware tuning
Appreciate 0