View Single Post
      03-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #106
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

I'd like to see the car return more to it's sporting roots, at least optionally. Offer a bargain priced de-contented 328 and 335 with cloth seat, simple stereo, no moonroof...etc. Just get rid of whatever is expensive or heavy. Also, make it easier for the DIYer to do maintaince. The basic procedures should be in the manual, and that manual should be able to fit in the glove box. Also, the DIYer should be able to reset the service timers with no special tool, like any Honda lets you do.

It'd be nice if the display would tell you the check engine codes when a light is flashed. No reason not to. It'd also be cool if it would tell me what gear it's in even in auto mode, and having a boost guage integrated into the display would be sweet!

Tinted windows are more practical than deployable shades

Better paint
Standard folding back seats
OPTION of run-flats w/extra storage space, or standard tires with spare
All LED lighting, including head lights. Then you can get rid of the bulb-out warning lights
Taller 6th gear
Lighter weight, like what Audi is doing on the new A4
Most importantly, you should look to Honda and Toyota as reliability and maintainability targets. This will dramatically enhance resale value, even if you never quite make it there (which I wouldn't expect, being higher-contented and higher performance).
Appreciate 0