View Single Post
      09-25-2016, 08:11 AM   #90
XWV
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20

I also have an LCI F31 with ACC which has the intermittent rear reading light issue. First noticed it a couple of weeks after I got it at the beginning of June.

Things I've noticed:
- It only seems to happen in the dark (or perhaps only when headlights are lit). I'm pretty sure this is not just a case of only noticing it in the dark.
- It happens when ACC is inactive (ie has been used, cancelled but is still set) as well as when it's on. I don't know whether it's happened when ACC is off completely.

What I hadn't noticed until I read this thread is that I've only seen it happen on longer journeys (ie at least an hour into a journey).

My car has been into the dealer for it, as I initially assumed it was a one-off electrical fault. Cooper York were pretty good IMO - they failed to find anything wrong with it so immediately ordered a replacement light module, without any prompting from me.

The bad news is that the module was fitted a couple of weeks ago, just before I took the car away for a week. I've had several repeat incidents since then including the first time I've seen them both on, while being followed on a dark country road by an X5 with obviously the same adaptive LED issue that russellg has.

Will be curious to see whether teaston still has the issue following his module swap.