02-11-2014, 08:45 AM   #25
Fenster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFastM3 View Post
Ok so I have edited the VO and added 5AD See attached

Is there somewhere you turn LDW on in the NBT or KOMBI reason I am asking is I took a test drive on the highway and let the car stray off the lanes and no warning appeared on the kombi or HUD.

Just trying to find out if I should be setting something else?
I have factory LDW and have never had any lane departure indication other than steering wheel vibration. There are indications in the cluster when it is on and active (are you seeing these?), but no visual or audible warning is issued.

Maybe THAT is the coding you are looking for, but just wanted to give you a heads up that vibration may be the ONLY warning given, so with no vibration this may be useless.

Assuming you can get a warning, note that you would also need to code KAFAS2 -> 3020 -> ROAD_EDGE_WARNING_ENABLED to detect the edges of roads that aren't marked by lines, like grass or curbs. Don't know why this is off by default (in US at least).