General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFastM3 View Post
@shawnsheridan
So I found this and I am assuming since they use the same ECU provided they don't rely on side cameras (used for top view etc) and use the SLI or HBA cameras we could get it working to?

Collision warning The collision warning for equipment without ACC is an integral part of the lane departure warning sys- tem (option 5AD) and warns the driver of a possible risk of collision. The collision warning is realized with help of the KAFAS system.

Interesting as the collision warning system uses the front cameras as well:
05_F30 Driver Assistance Systems.pdf

@shawnsheridan - do you know which VO Option I need to add and the same option to keep it on (as I don't have the toggle switch)
Quote:
@shawnsheridan

Looks like I answered my own question Collision warning is part of 5AD, now its finding the option to turn it on
Quote:
Shaun is there a VO code foe FCW or is it part of the 5AD?
As I previously wrote, and this document confirms, the KAFAS camera / ECU is used for SLI, LDW, and HBA, unless car has HBA only, in which case it gets cheaper FLA Camera / ECU. The new FCW is also part of KAFAS, so the TRSVC (side and top view cameras) have nothing to do with any of these options.

Here are the relevant option codes involving KAFAS:

5AC High-beam assistant
5AD Lane departure warning
5AS DRIVING ASSISTANT
5AT DRIVING ASSISTANT PLUS
8TH SPEED LIMIT INFO

5AS is 5AD Lane Departure Warning w/ Collision Warning
5AT is 5AS with added 5DF Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function and in some cases the new 5AR Traffic Jam Assistant function.

According to the document, LDW supposedly also includes basic Collision Warning Without Braking, If this is correct, it is something new as LDW originally did not have this capability, It also a source of confusion for me as when we talk of FCW (Forward Collision Warning), it is not clear if it is 5AD or 5AS or both.

In any event, you will not find a VO Code to set LDW on by default, so you will have to find the FDL Code. The ANZEIGEVARIANTE FDL Code is what it is in first generation KAFAS ECU, but with KAFAS2, it must be something else:

Name:  ANZEIGEVARIANTE.png
Views: 7631
Size:  13.5 KB

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 02-13-2014 at 11:21 AM..
Appreciate 0