Rep
Drives: F33 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by otee10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gippy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by otee10 View Post
I'm interested in a remap through evolve. Group buy is a shout.
me too.
i follow evolve on their youtube channel, clearly hugely knowledgeable decent bunch of guys.
however what puts me off it is not getting dyno runs done.

i recently emailed Simon at Emaps as someone recommended him on this forum, and he quoted £349 + £60 for before + after dyno run.

So not sure at the moment, i would much rather have a before+after dyno run to get real evidence of the effect of the remap, purely out of interest too.

how about a group buy with Emaps instead, if he discounts?!
I was contemplating Evolve and Simon at Emaps. I am swaying more towards Evolve, I'm sure they have a dyno facility whereas Simon doesn't? Unless I'm completely mistaken?

Cost of Simons map is more competitive but Evolve offers more of a performance enhancement (on paper). BUT if he offers a group buy with a nice discount I may sway the other way.

Either way, I don't think you could go wrong.
I am happy to go with either of them. I am tempted by the price of Simon, but the remote evolve remap is convenient to put the map back on if you need to take it to the dealers. If we can get a discount for the remote remap from evolve it is a very good deal.

All of them apply a map that they already have or change your map using know values so the dyno is more of a proof than anything else. They don't really adapt the map to the specific car.

Depending on the car the feeling will be clear. I am not after numbers just a better experience.

But I want to save some money so I would love to organise a group buy with either.

Who is in?
Appreciate 1