11-10-2018, 05:15 PM   #70
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82Dude View Post
If they are going to ban you, you must attend in person. They would likely start at points first though.
That's my understanding as well.

15+ years ago I got snapped by a camera van doing 71 in a 40. Completely unintentional in terms of the over-speed : I hadn't seen a speed limit sign and guessed that it was a 50 or 60 limit. Outskirts of town, straight road heading into the countryside, houses were fully fenced (back gardens faced the road) and WELL set back (say 50 yards) on each side. Late for a meeting as I'd initially been sent to the wrong site to make an important presentation. Directors waiting = gave it the beans.

I spoke with a solicitor who said a) plead guilty and make it clear that this is your first offence (which it was : clean licence) and that it was out of character, b) explain the circumstances (PA cocked-up my calendar), c) explain the road conditions (daytime, clear, dry), d) expect a ban if the court issues you a summons to attend in person.

6 points and £350, but times have changed since then. In today's world I'd expect a ban for >30 over the limit. You're just below that threshold so I'd expect points and a hefty fine.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0