View Single Post
      05-10-2020, 07:21 PM   #5
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshf30 View Post
Definitely interested in keeping oil temps low. Especially notice after awhile of pull after pull the oil temp just sits at 250, which is obviously completely normal but I'm all for cooler oil. Thanks for the share!
From the looks of it, this is primarily designed for people who track their cars and run the engine hard consistently. Might be overkill for a daily driver. My temps sit at just under 250F as well, and to my knowledge, it's in the range that the engineers designed the engine to operate at.

By adding more cooling, you run the "risk" of making your car take longer to warm up to operating temps, which could in turn cause more wear during startups and driving while cold. If your temps start to push up into the 260 range regularly, then I think oil cooling efforts would be worth it. For me personally, I don't track my car, so $500 is a lot to solve something that I don't really see as a problem. YMMV
ronanz1819.50