View Single Post
      07-04-2015, 01:35 AM   #41
stevehecht
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Garage List
Here's my much-delayed update on my attempt to procure a Supersprint exhaust for my 328d. Short version: After waiting for months for the unit to go into production in Italy, I finally received word from the USA central office that the unit was ready! In the meanwhile my wife and I were in the midst of moving from MA to NM, so I told SS USA to hold my unit and send it to me when I got to NM. It turns out SS USA decided never to obtain the unit from Italy, and so when I asked for it to be sent to me in NM, they found out that Italy had sold it to someone else. (I had already paid for it!)

After several more weeks of waiting, another unit arrived at my exhaust shop in Santa Fe. Lo and behold, it didn't fit my car. I returned it and got a full refund. I have to say that Al Haffner at SS USA was a pleasure to work with, and needless to say, he was mortified by how Italy screwed him and me over.

I ended up having the OEM muffler removed and having a cool set of black chrome double tips installed. The sound isn't there, but at least I got the look I wanted. To be continued...