02-02-2017, 01:05 PM   #29
soso2222
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is, F31 330xd

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
So after attempting this yesterday, I am fairly certain that the F30 HUD will not work with the F01/F10 6WB Digital Kombi. I connected the power/ground wires for the F30 HUD, connected the HSD wire to the Kombi, coded the FEM/NBT/DKombi, made sure the checkbox to turn it on was selected in iDrive, and.... nothing. I tried changing the position of the HSD wire, rotating it 90 degrees at a time, nothing on any of the 4 rotations.

My theory is that because the F01/F10 HUD uses CAN line connections, it does not send the correct signals to the HUD through the DKombi to the HUD via the HSD(a.k.a. Apix) wire, while the F30 does. In the coding I was reviewing, there is an option to choose if the HUD is connected via Apix or CAN. The problem there then lies in that the F30 HUD unit does not have a CAN connection, so there is no way to be able to use that option. The alternative would be to try to fit an F01/F10 HUD unit in the car, but without actually buying a unit and test fitting it, there is no way to tell if it would work, let alone fit into the mounting spot correctly.

Personally, I enjoy having the 6WB more than the prospect of having the HUD, although that could be because I have never experienced the HUD. Either way, I will most likely be passing on trying to further attempt to get it to work with the 6WB in the F30.
Too bad
Appreciate 0