Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzonthe1 View Post
Hello all first post here thanks for any input ����
I got this car with 82k miles I've put 11k miles on it in 15 months. 1 oil change about 8k miles ago getting it done real soon. Don't drive it much but started noticing a grinding/ clicking noise coming from the middle section between the back and front seat when I give maybe 70-80%+ throttle and it's very noticeable. It still pulls normal and is quick and still shifts perfectly. Feels rougher with paddles and silky smooth in comfort mode. Basically it drives well and normal but has been making this noise for a while now maybe I caused it by launching it or something. I have driven it hardish some times but not sure why this noise started happening and I can't find any other forums on the car or transmission with a similar problem or any YouTube videos either. Wanted to go stage 2+ but maybe not now because I don't want to have tranny issue bills. May just trade in before it becomes an issue (if it isn't already) a dodge dealership offered me 14k ��
Glad that you isolated it. At over 90k miles you are really overdue for the automatic transmission service which ZF, the automatic transmission manufacturer, recommends at 60k miles. Many mechanics say not to do it at all over 100k miles because it's too gunked up by then and will have problems with new thinner fluid.

Ignore BMW claims that it is a "lifetime" fluid. "Lifetime" for BMW means that it is out of warranty and they are no longer on the hook.

ZF makes the kit with fluid, transmission pan, built in filter and new bolts. A special procedure must be followed to assure that it is not underfilled. FCP Euro sells the ZF Kit. See photo.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0