View Single Post
      01-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #106
west_slider
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
The front looks like a clam on the half shell.
I think it has more of a manatee look in the front. I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I googled "manatee" and sure enough, the designer got his inspiration from this animal.

When the E90/E92 M3 came out, I saw it and thought they nailed the design. When I sat in the car, the cockpit made sense. When I drove the car, I knew I was buying it that weekend. I look at this car and I can't help but think I would REALLY need some convincing that the revamp is a good one. On a positive note, BMW should be happy that so many forum members are liking what they see.

On to the interior - on the steering wheel, the volume controls, the up/down buttons and the M button were perfect for usability when driving. You could focus on the car and road while easily turning on/off M settings and adjusting your tunes on the occasion that you wanted music instead of engine roar and road feedback. This new steering wheel looks too busy for my taste. Anyone else?

Lastly, the hot keys on the dash were so easy to access when driving the E92 M3 - now they look to be placed so that you have to take your eyes off the road. This is a huge complaint (1 of 1,000) in my poorly designed commuter Prius cockpit. I don't understand why they would do this. Anyone?
Appreciate 0