06-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #65
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
So BMW really thinks this hybrid crap will sell better in the US than Diesel would? Maybe I am wrong but I think the new 35D would cost the same or less as the Hybrid thing but actually give better gas mileage and much better performance.

I thought the Diesel X5s were selling well, and even the old 335D, why is BMW ignoring this technology for the US? No Diesel X1, X3, X6, 5 series? at least give us one engine for all, 35D would work.
They think that because it's true. You have to realize how stupid people are. BMW is preying on people who don't read fine print, which shouldn't be news to you. People will hear "hybrid" and think "OMG PRIUS FUEL ECONOMY." The income bracket that actually wants a luxury car that returns better fuel economy doesn't need better fuel economy anyways, so most won't pay attention to their MPG gauge. Nonetheless, hybrids are frugalizing the attitude of our driving enthusiast environment and it's rather annoying.

People like us on the forum want a diesel because WE KNOW it's better in every respect and still satisfies our enthusiast woes.
Appreciate 0