12-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #35
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
I'm not convinced (but happy to be proved wrong).

1. BMW's signature front LEDs have always been round, or nearly round (as in the F30). Why would they start mucking around with something that's defined the marque for so long? Audi is a good case of not knowing what to do with front LEDs, they've had pretty much every shape under the sun in the last 2-3 years and it just makes it look like their designers can't decide what to do!
Seen the LCI 2013 7 series? These lights aren't very different.

Quote:
2. I'd imagine those front air scoops under the headlights are waaaaay too aggressive. Members of F30post tend to be enthusiasts and probably like that design (myself included), but your average F32 buyer might not.
Of course, this is why it's designated as "Concept". Those won't make it to production.

Quote:
3. Cant see the side vents on the front wings being on anything other than an M car.
The side vents have already been spotted on production prototypes, etc. http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767418

Quote:
4. The rectangular exhausts look like something that BMW reserve for their high-end (non-M) models, e.g. 550i, 650i etc. The lower models tend to have standard round pipes, e.g. 328i, 335i, 320d, 330d, etc.
Again, part of the "Concept" body work. BMW always had slightly tweak exhaust/front & rear diffusor/side mirrors on the auto show Concepts. They always get toned down for the production car. But the major body work, i.e. headlights/tail lights/overall shape remains to the production car. Not just BMW does it like this, Honda etc.

It's legit, man.
Appreciate 0