Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek07 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conr4d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 435i_Phil View Post
It was regarding even the stock tune. Typically, a trans tune is to keep the trans from wearing while running more torque. Honestly, reading the FAQ made me apprehensive about this flash.
Do a deep dive search on the F30Post and 2Addicts forums. You'll find that most people have had great long term results with the XHP Transmission Flash. Not many horror stories out there by users. I'm running Stage 3 map and love every bit of it! I'd put it just below an ECU Tune + Down Pipe in terms of best bang for your buck performance mods. You won't be disappointed, especially if you already have an ECU tune! In Sport/Sport+, upshifts crack like a whip and are very fast. Downshifts are smooth and have very pleasing aggressive throttle blips. No change from OEM settings in Comfort/Eco. XHP makes the ZF 8HP transmission very engaging and fun
So you'd reco XHP over an intake? I have FBO w/ BM3 Stage 2 except an upgraded intake. Not sure if they're worth the money.
The primary purpose of an intake is to add more noise. I don't know why people started including it in an FBO list. It shouldn't be. Any tiny performance gain (<5% and that's being generous) from an intake can easily be had with a free flow drop in filter from aFe or K&N.
Appreciate 0