View Single Post
      10-06-2019, 09:38 PM   #125
gabrmdoom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
I enjoy reading logs and understanding how our cars work, so I thought I'd make a thread where the community can submit logs for feedback. We don't need to lock it down to one tuner since the engine parameters are pretty universal, as long as you have data that you can share on here through your platform, datazap, google sheets, etc. I also want to track baseline parameters so people know what to expect from their tune. The more submissions we get, the more info will be publicly available.

[SIZE="3"]Recommended Logging Method:[/SIZE]
1. Shift to the appropriate gear (8AT Users: Use 4th, 5th, or 6th Gear; 6MT Users: Use 3rd or 4th Gear)
2. Start at 2000-2500rpm
3. Floor it (8AT Users: Don't press the kickdown under the pedal)
4. Stop at 6500-7000rpm

[SIZE="3"]Recommended Logging Parameters:[/SIZE]
Throttle Angle
Engine Speed
Boost Pressure (Requested)
Boost Pressure (Actual)
AFR/Lambda (Requested)
AFR/Lambda (Actual)
Ignition Timing (Requested)
Ignition Timing #1 (Actual)
Ignition Timing #2 (Actual)
Ignition Timing #3 (Actual)
Ignition Timing #4 (Actual)
Ignition Timing #5 (Actual)
Ignition Timing #6 (Actual)
Knock Detected

[SIZE="3"]Things to look for[/SIZE]
Boost more than +/- 2PSI from target
More than 3° timing pull
AFRs increasing from target
I really dont understand much of whats happening in this thread so can someone baby me thru this?
I paid justing whitted (twisted tuning) $425 like 3 months ago for email tune. Im running mhd with jb4 backend flash. As of recently im getting a misfire. I step on the pedal and suddenly an incredibly loud pop occurs and i lose power. I read codes and it says cyl 5 and cyl 2 are misfiring. I changed my plugs before tuning and ive been going back and forth with him increasing boost and such. I dont run meth, and i dont get any of this. I use shell 93 if that means anything and im scared that ive been scammed. Can i forward the whole email list to someone knowledgeable and see if maybe you guys could help? I can provide a misfire log or anything else, please just someone help?