View Single Post
      10-07-2019, 06:57 AM   #130
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPAC306 View Post
Staring to get a bit discouraged... my best times equate to my stock best times but picked up 3 mph. Stock time slip and new dragy attached

Another long log. Going through gears

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d9a24d8c090c61ab1d8996e
I haven't used draggy but a few things I see
- You ran up hill
- You short shifted second (I'd run out to 7k every time if that's possible)
- Slower 60 ft as mentioned above will hurt your times
- Not sure if draggy compensates for roll out that gives you a better time at the track

I'm just speculating, but a flat road and roll out + better 60' could get you a 12.0.

Logs don't look that bad, just the same timing pull on cyl 1. No knock. Did you swap plugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrmdoom View Post
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BGD...w?usp=drivesdk
Everyone has access to view this. Forgive my ignorance. This is a 3rd gear WOT pull from about 2800 to 6500 shifting to 4th with a misfire. It constantly happens under load and its very unpredictable. What is the limit for email tunes anyway?
First off - i wouldn't say you've been scammed. You're working with a reputable tuner that has tuned a lot of fast cars. But sometimes things come up, so now it's time to diagnose. Just be thankful you have software that allows you to log and get to the root of the issue.

Things that I see in your log after some formatting
- Timing is very low
- Boost target is very high (20 psi)
- You are overboosting (25+ psi)
- Something weird is happening at 4200-4800rpm, your rpms go up and down and your throttle closes (clutch/tire slip?)

Things to try
- Can you post the datazap link? It'll be easier to translate the log data
- Is there any way to log with higher resolution? Every 1.25s is not enough.
- Is map 6 the right map for a backend flash and no meth? Can you run the backend flash with jb4 in map 0 or completely disconnected?
- Pull your spark plugs and check them. Just because they're new doesn't mean they aren't the issue or at least help indicate what the issue is
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0