View Single Post
      01-22-2018, 07:50 PM   #30
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafkaesque328 View Post
What is it with the undying fascination with 3 pedals in a $50000 luxury car in 2018? It honestly makes no sense. Go buy a used STI or GTI or an old E46 330i or a mini cooper S or an old Mustang supercharged SVO or something to get your rocks off. Or better yet, an MX-5. Seriously.
This is going to sound crazy, but stick with me here: because that's exactly what some people want in a car.

I came from a GLI (mk5 though not mk6) and specifically chose this car because it fits my driving style for a daily driver. My GLI is a cheap (relatively) go kart, so i use it for track time. This car is a fun comfortable car that I can "still get my rocks off" while having the looks i like and driving dynamics I want. I hate the execution of american cars, especially the interiors. JDM cars are a distant 2nd place, but german cars have always had my heart. And the F3x has all the modern amenities, gets decent gas mileage, and is priced appropriately where I feel good driving it but not scared to tinker with it either. If they hadn't offered it, I would have gotten an older model. But I wanted a new car, and as long as they offer the car I want then I'll buy it.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0