View Single Post
      03-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #62
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Think i'm gonna pass on the surround camera retrofit after seeing this thread for the first time today. Its going to be challenging enough to deal with rear camera malfunctions by itself let alone from multiple camera modules. Its one thing to have optioned this in during production build, and have the dealer deal with the issues under warranty. But its just not cost effective to have to replace faulty camera modules, extra HSD cables, etc.. for a retrofit, if known issues start to crop up. I don't wanna have to be taking things apart more than once, let alone the $$$ for replacement parts. That plus the coding challenges Rsnic is currently facing is making me shy away.

Plus it was just a cool nice-to-have feature for me. My primary objective is rear/backup safety issues and being warned when my lowered lip and bumper are about to hit a parking block That's my #1 goal...

So .... still committed to the rear camera retrofit. Now i don't have to worry about the shorter HSD cable i just picked up with my camera, or having to mount the camera module in the trunk! Life is much better when things are simplified
Appreciate 0