View Single Post
      04-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #257
Harley993
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

I don't get why BMW shows off their new LCI with the new LEDs and fog lights, and with the HUD and digital dash when you can't even spec a car like that. I'll explain.

On the Canadian Ordering guide it says "2NH will delete 5A1 from the order" which means the M sport breaks part of the M Perf Pack will delete the fog lights, and for USA ordering guide it says "ZTR and ZMP will delete STD or 100% equipment 5A1" which means Track Pack and M Perf Pack will delete fog lights.

Easy to understand after a bit of research, the reason for the delete is because there's added cooling for the breaks and whatnot. Fair enough, by why on every press picture from Geneva or BMW, it shows the cars having the M sport breaks, LEDs and the fog lights. I'm confused and don't understand why BMW show the car like that if when you try to order those options, one ends up deleted or is blocked off because of another option that is otherwise paired together on the press pictures

Then there's the digital dash. The dealership couldn't guarantee me that I would get it if I took the enhanced pack because of complication with the HUD, which is part of the enhanced pack (so really am I getting an enhanced pack or just a partially enhanced pack??). So now I'm stuck with either choosing the essential pack which doesn't have the HK sound system and won't let me choose the LED Icon headlights as an option, OR choosing the enhanced pack which is more expensive but at least I get the HK system, but then I need to pick between the digital dash and no HUD or I get the HUD but no digi dash (really both should be in there which is mainly a reason why you pay extra for an "enhanced pack"). Oh and then I pretty much need to add the Icon LED option since there's the fog delete and the car looks way better with them.

So ya a little disappointed and not sure what to pick now...would love to see some in person pictures of the car before making a decision.
Appreciate 0