Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
Frogman, ktula,
Great work, I am really excited to see this is possible.

Can you confirm exactly what you need to code to enable this? (I have done some coding.) I see 2 items that look to be unnecessary and mention of disabling 2 other (5AP & 8S4) but I am not clear on where these are done.

Also, can you confirm only Xenons and HBA are required? I have the camera for HBA and rear/top-view cameras but do not have any of the driver assist stuff (lane departure warning or blind spot warning).
You don't need to do any FDL coding (i.e. you don't need to change any variable values). I believe the Xenons are required and the HBA is definitely required.

You don't need the driver assist stuff. I don't have the top/side view cameras, speed-limit info, or the driver assist package.

First, you need to remove 5AP and 8S4 from your FA. There is a document that describes the procedure on the coding thread (editing your FA). This will remove the 2 disable codes that prevents this feature from working on US cars.

Second, you need to VO code (Right Click on the CAFD file in the SVT list and select Code instead of "Read Coding Data") both FLA and FEM_BODY. This will initialize the ECU settings based on the new FA you just changed. If you previously FDL coded your FEM_BODY, you will need to re-apply the changes as they will have reverted to factory defaults when the ECU is VO coded.

I talked to Shawn last night about being able to do this mod without actually having to write the new FA to the car. My concern was when you take it in for service, they might have issues programming the car if the FA is different. I don't think they can see (or care) about FDL code changes, but FA changes may be different.

There is a procedure for doing this without having to write the FA back to the car and still being able to VO code the ECU's with the removed option codes. I'll try to write something up in the next day or so and post it here and/or on the coding thread.
Appreciate 0