View Single Post
      04-20-2022, 10:36 AM   #69
petrolhead2014
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 328i and soon F33 428i/30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznick View Post
The bottom line is , no matter where you are from in the world , you tend to like what is familiar to you. From your moms cooking to the cars you drive. But to say that torque equals driving pleasure is a bit of a stretch.I have a couple work trucks that put out massive amounts of torque and they are far from pleasurable.Have you ever looked at it from the other way around?,, why do Europeans like diesels so much.There are lots of them on the road.Your family probably owns one and you've probably owned one at one point , if not right now. These cars all perform well , no matter what engine you choose to have under the hood. Its a matter of preference. Its like arguing which color is better then the other. That falls into the same category . Different colors sell better in different parts of the world. Thats what SHOULD make this world a great place,, but it never seems to work out that way.
You're right. And most of that volume comes from fleet cars who are almost always diesels as they are taxed heavily from CO2 emissions. This results in thousands of pounds/euros of savings on the purchase price and justifies swapping a sweet 28i for a 20/30/35d tractor.
Appreciate 0