11-18-2019, 04:59 PM   #39
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrmdoom View Post
I let an inexperienced driver get behind the wheel of my pride and joy. Thankfully no one was hurt and I am choosing not to go through insurance because well honestly I would rather junk the car then hit insurance up. No tickets were issued bless that officer. But my big question is: how bad would replacing airbags and the cooling system be? Id take the airbags to a great mechanic of course and as far as the cooling is concerned my own garage should be suitable. The tow hitch of the truck went straight into the coolant tank. Ive attached some photos, and yes they are pretty gruesome. I ran some numbers and they dont look great... around $8k MINIMUM in parts? Is that really so for airbags? Again insurance is not an option I would literally rather trash the car.
Also yes an officer did come and issue the police report+insurance slip.
Ive also called around a few shops and sent pictures they are saying its not worth fixing. I just want to be sure before I get rid of her. I would love to make this car a project and restore it.
LETS REWIND THIS.....

Cop showed up... you said. This cop didn't wrote a ticket... yes. Cop didn't wrote an incident/ accident report. That does means there is no paper trail. If your worried about your nephew claim it as accident you did and there are no 2nd and 3rd party involved. You gonna need your story straight.

I'm just saying here....bending a couple of laws here... insurance don't even have to know where in happened just say towed it home ....hahaha. this is one gutsy move if you do it.

I'm just thinking out loud. I'm not responsible for what you decide.
Appreciate 0