United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2005 Jetta GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocohead View Post
Another note about making the swap - BMW will not cover the pads under the free maintenance contract! They only pay for the pads as originally equipped.

Regarding the swap - the part numbers for the hub are the same across model lines. That meas the calipers should bolt up to the hub without modification. The brake hoses are also the same part numbers so that should be fine.

But I imagine coding is required. When you switch from the regular brakes to the M Performance brakes, the dealer needs to code the car. I find it hard to believe that making the switch from stock 328 to stock 335 would not result in a coding change.
Thanks for the info. I have contacted my dealer about the swap and coding questions and will let you guys know what they say.

Do you know if the shields are the same or am I going to have to find stock 335i shields as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
Yeah I'm not looking for anything more than $500...
Ya, it seems like around $500 is the going price right now, and so far with starting my search last week I already have two sellers lined up. Really it comes down to proximity because shipping is expensive.

Anyone in Arizona want to sell me these brakes?
Appreciate 0