03-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #24
///MSport420
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D M SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walesy View Post
How bad is the car for a start? A DA polisher with a selection of pads would probably do...with a DA it is harder to make an arse of it, unless it is soft paint which BMW is not. A rotary concentrates on one part/spot of the pain where as a DA is constantly moving at a lower speed....so can take longer although much safer and harder to make an arse of.

As some have said

Wash with 2 buckets and a decent wash mitt (not sponges)
Autosmart Tardis to remove any tar etc. (rinse car afterwards)
Clay bar or clay mitt process
DA the car..this can take a whole long day dependant on the paint condition
wipe down with a 50/50 solution of IPA and water to get rid of the polish oils
Apply a durable wax, which can range from £20 to £200..if it is durabilti you want either Collonite 476 or Soft99 Fusso coat...or Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid wax (this is actually very good for £25).

Maintain the car from there with a PH natural shampoo such as Chemical Guys Glossworkz, dry with a microfiber and maintain with a QD spray.

If you want some advice on DA and polishing products and a place to buy them, call David at Chemical Guys UK...he is very helpful and will point you in the right direction.

Other stuff I have mentioned can be bought on ebay.
If i tell my dealer not to touch the car when it arrives, then i suppose ther wont be any scratches or swirls...does it still need machine polish and claying??