Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 320i Xdrive msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby Clark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich100 View Post
Agree

An individual takes responsibility for his or her own actions, you can't take retribution on family based on what he or she does unless there's proof that they're also complicit. This seems akin to a dictatorship rather than a democracy and whilst it undeniably has its faults I'd rather live in a democracy.

In any case where would you house all these potentially innocent people that we're locking up and how long must they atone for the act of their family members crime? Do you also lock up his mates if so how do you define them?

I don't know what the answer is I'm afraid but in my view this isn't it.
An individual doesn't always take responsibility for their own actions. Indeed, it's already reported he wasn't acting alone, his brother has been arrested and someone else made the bomb. If they are mad as previously suggested then there is diminished responsibility. Same as if they were a minor. I also not suggesting mob justice. Which is why I said associates, whether it be family or friends, should be brought to answer - by a court or questioned to weed out others in the terrorist ring. Someone who knew this guy, knew what he was doing / getting involved in. IMHO they are equally responsible for his actions.
If it can be shown that family friends had any knowledge of this then I agree and think they should be dealt with as well.

I may have misunderstood you're earlier post apologies if so.
Appreciate 0