06-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #58
badders74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
@badders74:

Home at last. Been driving my fabulous F30 in sport mode all day. Hit --- mph! Shocking!

Bloody marvellous. It is so smooth in sport mode. But it is a big mother and nowhere as manoeuvrable as a 7R. Not in a month of Sundays.

The 7R with DSG will eat my F30 for breakfast on the twisty bits and even more so on the straights. This is a given. The ride in comfort is quite amazing but with excellent handling. Very flat in whichever mode. It is pretty mental in Track mode.

They are both excellent cars but the 7R has a more jewel like interior and I love the four massive exhausts. So brutal.

I have made the right choice for 'me' and got a cracking deal.
I dont know if the golf r will eat your 330d for breakfast. The 335d is a little quicker than the R when your in the right gear but if you do not use the paddle then it will struggle. Not sure if anyone else has noticed that when you sit in sport it sits around 2.5k but if you put the accelerator to the floor for a split second it sits at 4k for about 5 seconds ready to go! Anyway youn wont be disappointed with the R.