View Single Post
      11-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #31
cjsansom
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

So I'm not trying to talk you out of your choice. I'm just trying to point out it's not as difficult as you are making it out to be. You can splice Technic's harness into pretty much ANY other AMP or even multiple AMPs. Just because a 'ready made' PnP harness is pricey doesn't mean you couldn't make your own PnP harness. Be as sloppy and lazy as you want, just twist the wires together and then tape them. Or be slick and Solder them and insulate with shrink tubing. Or Crimp connectors onto them. OR WHATEVER (You could also just take the AMP harness and the Technic BMW harness to your local shop and just pay them to professionally splice them together)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodoor View Post
gtthree
The Eton DSP 8 CAN has some proprietary connectors, not sure how you connected the harness to it. Eton Pinout
The only thing close to being a proprietary connector on that ETON is the CAN bus and IR remote. You have a non HK F30 676 HiFi, and that system doesn't even use the CAN bus. Anyway the way you connect it is to simply splice the wire from the Technic harness into the correct wire on the Eton harness.

Also with the Technic harness there would be nothing stopping you from using 2 separate 4 channel amps or even 4 separate 2 channel amps to run all your speakers. You simply splice the speaker out wires of the AMPs into the Technic harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodoor View Post
cjsansom
The Match amplifier is also available in my country, but they don't have a harness available for HiFi. Another forum member told me that bimmertech sold him the harness without the Bimmertech PP82DSP amp but it costed ~$200, so add another aprox..
You don't need a Plug and Play harness pre made for you. Just get the Technic harness and cut the factory Match harness and solder them together. BOOM, you just made your own PnP harness.

Technic/73MustangConv BMW 676 hifi Harness You'll be cutting off the RCA connectors and splicing directly to the AMPs harness.

Harness included with the Match PP82DSP AMP (You are cutting this harness in half, and keeping the side with the white MOLEX connection. Splice that into the Technic Harness.

Pinout of the PP82DSP

Pinout overlaid on PP82DSP. In this example I'm using Channel D's RCA output to drive a separate AMP for a trunk subwoofer.

Really the only thing Bimmertech is doing so they can claim it's 100% Plug and Play is drawing power from the BMW harness. Not sure this 'feature' is worth the $200 Bimmertech is charging for their harness. The car battery is literally 4 feet away, it's not difficult for you to direct wire to chassis for ground and the battery for power.

Last edited by cjsansom; 11-17-2017 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 2
twodoor23.00