06-03-2020, 06:59 AM   #6
bmrguy03
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i SULEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
I've posted this as a reply on a thread found on E90 forum, but since this is an experience from me as an F30 owner, I'm posting this here.

I unfortunately had a negative experience with X-PH.COM. I thought that since I was a returning customer, I'd get a great service and shopping experience but I did not.

Before I submitted my order, I asked about the shipping time for an ER Catted Downpipe for the B48, Mike told me "48 hours". So I placed my order on Monday (Memorial Day) and I decided to move those 48 hours starting Tuesday as Monday was a holiday... anyway, Friday came, no communication/updates from X-PH nor shipping confirmation.

So at the end of Friday, decided to ask Mike about this, of course, mentioning that I was offered to have that part shipped within 48 hours. What I got for an answer on Sunday was "ER are asking if your car is Euro spec. Euro spec has different specs", not even an apology for not complying to the shipping time, nor an explanation, just that. So my reply started mentioning that all of my add-ons purchased are for the B48 and fitted fine, in addition of sharing my VIN number so that could be used to re-confirm fitment of this Downpipe and at the end of that reply, of course I expressed (politely) my disappointment about no communications from them nor the 48hr shipping offered. The answer from mike was to mention that COVID-19 is causing delays, really? Until almost a week later and after offering me (because I did not demanded that time) 48hrs for shipping, a company informs that the COVID thing is causing delays? In addition, the response from him was very practical "would you like me to cancel the order?" I mean really, not even a "let me see what information I can get from ER so I can give you a better estimate", nor a "sorry I didn't mention possible delays when I told you 48hrs for shipping".

The PM conversation took another more dark angle when I then replied my displeasure about his reply, I could see he got upset about me reminding him that he offered 48hr shipping and about not mentioning in a timely matter that the shipping could take longer for the COVID situation. The phrase "the customer is always right" doesn't apply here, even if you're basing your complaint on what the company offered in the first place.

Maybe in smooth transactions this doesn't happen and by smooth transaction I mean that the product is actually within X-PH inventory and ready to be shipped. But, if things get difficult or if you're not too happy with their compromises and poor communications, this seller is not willing to accept it and neither to keep an adequate attitude with you as a client. They just throw you the "cancel the order and go look for the product somewhere else" attitude.

The only thing I'm thankful with X-PH, is that even the order process and communications was very poor, at least my refund came 24 hours later (funny thing that I finally did cancel the order due to how this was badly handled and the indifference shown to me as a client, not really because of the very late shipping process, I'd have been willing to wait a little longer, but with that attitude, no thanks).
Umm...yeah no. Take a breather, count to 10 and come back down to earth. No need to get worked up because you "think" you know what their attitude is through a message. You probably misinterpreted it because you were mad just like people misinterpret text messages all the time. Anyway, you got your money back, no harm, no foul. Now you can buy from someone else and tell them exactly what responses you would like to your questions if you have any. Good luck with your build.
Appreciate 2
kern4174446.50
chowser512025.00