View Single Post
      07-29-2021, 04:23 PM   #1
cspinnnn
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Xdrive Sportline

Hey everyone,

I was hoping someone in the forum can help out. Im having some oil leak issues mostly focused around the oil cap. I first noticed it yesterday after I got off the Highway. While sitting at a red light a whole bunch of burnt oil smoke came through my air vents & out through the hood.

I got my timing chain done along with gaskets done 3 days ago so I immediately called the shop I did it at & told them about all this oil. They told me to come in and have them look at it asap.

they took about 2 hours to diagnose, they found no cracks in the valve cover & decided it was a faulty oil cap. I replaced the oil cap yesterday & cleaned off all oil residue but I'm noticing the leak is still present.

I was wondering if anyone on here had an issue like this & what was their fix. I really don't think it's the valve cover since the oil leak is so focused just around the oil cap but I could be wrong.

I'll attach some photos and see what everyone thinks

The first two photos are from yesterday before I changed the oil cap & the last 2 are from today with the new oil cap
Attached Images

Appreciate 0