02-10-2013, 12:31 AM   #976
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
You don't get a BRZ/FRS to go fast in a straight line (although there are already turbo'd BRZs doing 11s in the quarter mile)

You get a BRZ to have an ultimate driving machine. A tossable car that will stay totally planted on the turns due to its light weight and low center of gravity.

More power can never hurt but that's not the point of this car. It has plenty of power for its weight.

And to be honest a BRZ vs a 128i stock isn't an auto-win for the 128i. A 135i would crush a BRZ in a straight line (of course), but a 128i? I'm not so sure.

Nevertheless, regardless of the outcome my original point still stands.
yes i know haha. but performance wise the only thing my 128i can compare to a BRZ is straight line speed. Of course the BRZ would kick my cars ass for everything else.

From what i've seen these two cars are pretty close, with the 128i being slightly faster. I've seen manual 128i's hit 5.9/6.0 stock and based on reviews/youtube the BRZ gets around 6.3 stock.

I thought it would be just an interesting race. I can't wait for the BRZ WRX STI as it will most likely be my next car