View Single Post
      03-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #228
bimmermeupscoty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Mineral Gray

Successfully Receiving Emails

Okay, so I have succeeded in having emails show-up thru Current Office, and perhaps learned something that might help others achieve the same thing.

I just ditched my Android and got an iPhone 5. I have it setup using Bluetooth as my phone and for contacts. I also have a iTouch 4 that I use with the USB connection for Connected Drive and BMW Apps and Pandora (piggy backing on the iPhone's Hot Spot feature).

While I could get the iDrive to show the Current Office setup (which shows three icons for texts, emails and MyInfo messages), it would not receive emails or texts. Frustrated, and vaguely remembering reading something on this forum about USB interfering with the Bluetooth connection, I tried disconnecting the USB at start-up and letting the Bluetooth get fully setup first. I did a test email and it worked (again, coming across under the text category, but it was there). Then I connected the USB and let the iTouch run the BMW Connected App. It connected and I had Calendar, Facebook, Twitter, Web Radio, etc. Then I sent another test email, and it came thru on iDrive!

So, I hope others try this and see if the Bluetooth, then USB, sequence is the key to getting it all run at the same time.
Appreciate 0