03-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
jcastle
Enlisted Member
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 320i M-Sport AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonriver View Post
Very interesting. Can you picture in detail where the adapter is? And I love to hear the sound.
Tks
Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the adapter :-(
But it goes between the correctly cut exhaust pipe (60,2mm) and the pipe coming from the exhaust (75mm). You can (barely) see it in the below picture where the red circle is.

The other picture is a screen shot from the Remus page descriping the adapter, which is 10cm long.

I will try to borrow friends GoPro next week to take a sound clip but I think it is pretty much the same as in the 328i you can see in this thread. Actually I think it might a bit quieter due to the exhaust pipe being a bit smaller diameter and probably the muffler in the pipe is bit more restricting.

It would interesting to find out if the whole exhaust pipe could be changed all the way from the downpipe to the exhaust with the 328i or an aftermarket pipe.
Attached Images

2013 BMW F30 320i - M-Sport, Alpine White, M Sport suspension and brakes, Sport AT, VSS, PDC, Xenon, High-beam assistant, Harman/Kardon, Extended BT, Rims 403M (summer 19") and 397 (winter 18"), M Performance: Exhaust, Rear Bumper Diffuser, Carbon fiber mirror caps, Carbon fiber rear spoiler, Black kidney grilles, Floor mats. 3M Brushed Black Metallic vinyl wrap roof.
Appreciate 0