09-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #20
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsims619 View Post
I'm curious since I am one of the early adopters, how do I get the update map. I noticed that tq numbers from what you're advertising is a lot more than the previous 375. Also when will the user have full capability of the "Bluetooth" access.
Simply contact your local Dinan dealer and schedule an appointment. They will update it free of charge. It will require a firmware update so the whole process will take roughly a half an hour. In the future with the phone app via bluetooth these types of updates will be able to be done yourself without taking it to the dealer. The app(s) are still in development but we are hopeful to have them done before the year is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_335i View Post
Can people with dinan piggyback sell there tune anytime?
Short answer is yes. You can sell the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner or transfer it to another vehicle at any time BUT it would have to be transferred to a "like" vehicle meaning one F30 335i user would only be able to sell it to another F30 335i user to ensure no additional charges would be incurred. DINANTRONICS is essentially made up of 3 pieces; a generic ECU, a harness (there will be 3-4 types depending on vehicle), and model specific software that is loaded onto the Dinan ECU. All of these things would have to match in order to sell or transfer to another user without incurring additional charges. You can still sell or transfer the unit if you like to a "non-like" vehicle but the new user MAY have to purchase a new harness and WILL have to purchase new model specific software to load into the Dinan ECU.

For example if a 335i owner sold the unit to an M5 user the only piece that would actually work for the new user would be the generic ECU since there is a different harness involved and of course different software.

Then there is the issue of the warranty. The warranty is directly tied to the VIN of the original users vehicle and registered when software is installed on the box. There are many caveats to this part but the easy synopsis of that is the warranty is not transferable from one vehicle to another. If you have any specific questions on this aspect I encourage you too contact the sales department for a better explanation.
Appreciate 0