View Single Post
      12-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #90
B-Spater
Rep
Drives: 2017 M340i Xdrive / 2022 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmonkey8 View Post
I had a E46 for a number of years and that car felt solid, no real issues, car reliability was pretty much bullet proof.
Even the the replacement 428 I've got now is not perfect, just noticed a kind of low level whistling noise from the passenger side. Sounds like either the brakes are rubbing slightly or a noisy bearing. But it's not that noticeable and doesn't seem that major so not even going to bother with it for now.
The steering felt a bit loose and although the car did track straight I was having to make tiny adjustments to the steering. Also the adaptive suspension felt a bit soft and wallowy. Put more pressure in the tyres and it's driving much better now.
I managed to track down my previous car for sale and I believe it's been sold but I hope that they fixed the vibration issue and good luck to the new owner.
If it has been fixed I would still be curious to know what was fixed what the issue was that's been giving me so much grief for the last 4 yrs.
I thought the steering is a bit vague but it tightens up in sport mode. I'm not fretting about any of it too much since the car came with Conti run flats that will be going away when the weather warms up. I still have the staggered wheels/Michelin PS4s' to put on .
Appreciate 0