08-01-2019, 04:26 AM   #102
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecalecu View Post
Dear colleagues,

the strangest thing happened today: did a drivetest with a good friend to show him the problem and we went on the newest highway around. All vibration gone!! I was speechless. Went up to 170kmh, nothing. The hum between 100 and 125 kmh still there but no vibration whatsoever. Nothing!
Yesterday I went on an old highway, the car was shaking like jelly at 170kmh. Very constant shake like a bent rim.

Only one conclusion comes out: the m sport suspension is so sensible that if the road is not perfect, the car vibrates a lot!

Any thoughts on this?
Trying to understand this... on a smooth road there is no vibration? That tells you there is nothing wrong mechanically with rotating parts. If there is a 'balance' fault, (wheels, drive shafts, etc.) would still show on a smooth road.

I suggest what you are feeling must be road induced. Whether simply what we feel on bad roads, or there are issues with the suspension causing the shaking like jelly, components like soft bushings or faulty dampers, not supressing road imperfections.
Appreciate 0