View Single Post
      08-01-2019, 09:07 AM   #107
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmonkey8 View Post
If it's to do with the steering rack then you should feel it through the steering wheel. Can you tell where about's the vibration is coming from? Is it the front or back?

The first time I had it, when you reached above 90 mph, you could see the back wind screen going fuzzy in the rear view mirror due to the vibration.
After it was fixed the first time I wasn't getting a vibration even at high speed. It was more of a low level droning that was constant, almost like tyre rumble but was was always there even when you let off the accelerator pedal.
It could easily be mistaken for tyre noise on rough roads, but you could hear it better on smooth roads.
I swapped out brand new BMW wheels and tyres but it made no difference.
Between 70-80 I can feel it in the steering wheel, stuff starts buzzing and vibrating on the inside of the car. Like I said my passenger seat headrest I could see going crazy like it was in a Tool video.