View Single Post
      06-11-2021, 09:33 AM   #44
jtalweezy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xdrive (B46)

Hey Everyone. Reading through this thread, it would seem that the EGR valve, cooler, and related components tend to be failure prone. I am currently working on my cousins 2014 F31 328d xDrive, and it has been throwing the drivetrain malfunction warning on occasion.

He dropped his car off so I could do a full fluid flush on his car. Transmission, transfer case, and the front and rear diffs. So i figured I would also try to troubleshoot the engine codes that I found.

I used an advanced code scanner that identifies and shows advanced trouble codes, (not the P codes) but the BMW specific codes when certain values are out of their range/tolerances.

My assumption is that the EGR is allowing more exhaust gas to pass into the intake than normal. I am worried that this could lead to the symptoms everyone is mentioning above, which would equate to costly repairs.

My intent is to remove and inspect the EGR valve, then clean it, to ensure it is not getting stuck slightly open due to the carbon build on the solenoid/valve assembly.

Does anyone have any other recommendations and/or concerns if the EGR valve is found to be in good health following cleaning?

Thanks in advanced. Sorry to hear so many of you have experienced melted intake manifolds. In my opinion, this is really not a good look for BMW to manufacture cars that could fail in a way that could put peoples lives at risk. Not to mention getting exhaust gases in the cabin.
Attached Images

2017 BMW 330ix MSport Estoril Blue - B46, ER Catless DP, ER Chargepipe, FTP Intake Charge Pipe, BMS Cone Intake, BMS OilCC, Bm3 Stage 2. FI Exhaust, xHP Stage 3 OTS Transmission tune. CSFRace heat exchanger. Performance M Brake kit. AFE Carbon Fiber D.A.S.
https://www.instagram.com/bfourtysick/
Appreciate 0