View Single Post
      01-23-2019, 09:59 PM   #18
no_barcode
Rep
Drives: 2017 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven11 View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have the same vehicle and the Dinan tune.
I'm also pleased with this tune. I have V1. I spoke with Dinan after V2 was released, inquiring about the changes. We didn't go into extensive details, but he concluded that V1 is slightly stronger, but V2 has changes to improve the long term reliability.

I'm curious how much non-linear pull you experience when pushing it? By this, I'm referring to the stairstep boost/pull you appreciate when accelerating at moderate-to-full open throttle.
I had a Dinantronics Elite Version 1 installed in my 2017 330xi for about 8 months and Dinan just switched it to the version 2 model after I started getting random CELs during ignition. (apparently the v1 can sometimes send data while the engine is off causing CELs on startup)

The non-linear boost was very noticeable to me on the v1 during aggressive throttle, but I happily accepted it over the stock performance. The v2 doesn't produce the stepping during boost at all. If I didn't know better I'd say there's no tuner installed (if it weren't for the noticeable torque increase)

I have no proof, but it almost feels like the v2 is putting out a little less torque. But it might just be fooling me due to the overall refined acceleration and smoothness during boosting. I've never had a dyno done at any point, so no numbers unfortunately.

The v2 has fewer connection points. The v1 connected to the Intake Camshaft Position Sensor, Manifold Pressure Sensor, Charge Pipe Pressure Sensor, and Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor. The v2 connects to Charge Pipe Pressure Sensor and the Manifold Pressure Sensor. This makes me wonder if some of the smoothness in v2 is due to just letting BMW's ECU make the necessary adjustments instead of trying to control everything? But I'm not an engineer, so all I can do is wonder.
Appreciate 1
eleven11371.50