View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 11:18 AM   #7
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Tons of people do this; it is extremely common to add a few gallons of E85 on either 91 or 93 tunes to increase octane. I wouldn't have done it had i not researched extensively and taken logs after to verify fueling, etc. Thanks for the response though.

Thanks both; I will try to get under the car today and see what i can find. Maybe the E85 was just a coincidence (kindof hoping and i want to be able to run it). My car only has 44k miles on it. Maybe the load is making the car squat and this contacts the driveshaft. Will report back.
I have used e85 for many years, including with JB4, on this car and car before and have actually had a mix on non e85 maps, however, the gains were marginal at best in those cases. My point was more alluding to the mapping with MHD and how ethanol works with timing and boost may be different than just pure octane numbers. Though, I would figure 2 gal would not cause a noise like that.