View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 11:54 AM   #8
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I have used e85 for many years, including with JB4, on this car and car before and have actually had a mix on non e85 maps, however, the gains were marginal at best in those cases. My point was more alluding to the mapping with MHD and how ethanol works with timing and boost may be different than just pure octane numbers. Though, I would figure 2 gal would not cause a noise like that.
The "gains" are basically preventing the "loss" associated with CA 91 octane not being good enough to run the 91 flash without having timing being pulled. My timing is really inconsistent, especially in winter. I can get logs with perfect timing on just pump 91; other times im getting like 5 degrees pulled on multiple cylinders. I am eventually going to try the E20 tune, i just tried a few gallons on the 91 tune to see how it cleaned up timing. I understanding how the maps will change boost and timing depending on expected ethanol content and/or octane of the map you select. Side discussion however to the noise it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
+1

Check the ebrake tube because I has the same noise after installing the M-LSD but have heard that after time the tab on the ebrake cable breaks.

I think you guys win the prize. I wasn't able to full get under the car to check things with it on the ground but i captured a few pictures. It looks like there is a mark in the exact same location as the one 14F30Daily posted. Attachments are below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0