Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09' 335i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propagator View Post
Besides the nice numbers, no one noticed that

1. It is 110lbs heavier than the E90 tested against,

2. Complaints about "ample body roll" and slow response,

3. And "Not the best brake in the segment"?

I think so much attention has been paid to the change over from the I6 to the I4, which turned out to be more successful than many expected in almost all objective measures, that very little attention is give to the other aspects of the car. I remain skeptical about how engaging this car is to drive compared to its predecessors.
Most people seem to be comparing/equating the current sportline F30 with the E90 M sport package model. But the F30 generation M Sport has not been released yet. The M sport will have stiffer stabilizers (will help with body roll), available M Sport brakes (should fix the braking compliant), and a staggered wheel setup (that one reviewer said really helped the 335i stick better around Laguna Seca)...and we don't know what else for sure. The sportline F30, while sportier than a modern or luxury line F30, is still not the M sport model.

What people should be looking at is how well does the current F30 compare to a non-M sport E90.. pretty well I think. When the F30 M Sport comes out we can start the comparisons with the E90 M Sport version.
Appreciate 0