View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 01:04 PM   #367
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I know you don't have the training nor expertise. I'm asking you to critically think through the situation and provide an answer since you have taken the liberty to be critical from the comfort of your living room couch, work office, etc.

Again, police didn't force a gun battle. Why do you keep ignoring the fact that the perpetrators fired at police PRIOR to the pursuit? THEY started this exchange of gunfire.

How would/could the dual axle UPS box truck have been disabled? Remotely? No! PIT maneuver? No! We've already covered why that would've been ineffective (...but you would've known that had you read through the thread and/or had the experience to make judgments).

Lastly, law enforcement agencies don't always agree with each other's actions, and cops are human after all, so I fully expect some others in the field to question Miami's law enforcement approach. I can tell you this, while cops quarterback cops, not a single one of us who weren't involved would've wanted to be in that situation. It was a lose/lose proposition.
Gee, why didn't anyone else think of disabling the truck? I always love how folks will point out things that are obvious as though people who actually have the training and resources (or don't have the resources) didn't consider the obvious. Who could've predicted things in pursuits are unpredictable, well the police for one.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25169.50