View Single Post
      07-07-2018, 06:49 PM   #110
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thgenE92 View Post
that blows man, but for me I work for the county building in Los Angeles, and you cant get away with stuff like that unless I am in a supervisor position which I am not or a higher position. For me, HR knows it only takes one law suit or even a complaint to the mayor and someone will be fired. I deal with people who have complained to the mayor in the past and now when those people come in we all have to bend high over water to help them and make sure they are "happy." It really just depends where you work and has that place in the past been sued.
Yeah, from a legal stand point this isn't a place that I want to take legal action for something like this. Now if a wrongful termination case were to present itself that may be a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
I have a d bag co worker who wishes he was the boss but is at the bottom of the org chart. He must be butt hurt having to report to someone much younger than him. Must be a reason why they did that.
In my career I've been in many positions where my subordinates were older/much older or more qualified or more educated. This usually always causes some form of resentment. The issue is whether or not they were qualified or not it falls in the hands of the decision makers. I have found that those that feel like they should be the boss are usually lacking in a multitude of areas. Those that "know" everything always seem to know very little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Yeah I know those type of people
Toxic is the only description for these individuals. Sadly they outnumber those of us who are genuine people. I've come to realize the only way to deal with them is let them feel like they are winning. Any attempt to anything else will only cause conflict. I just allow them to think they have it all figured out and move on about my business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
I always thought it strange that there are people who are nice to you in front of your face only to talk shit when you're not around. Some folks think these people are their friends but they have no idea lol.
I've noticed that most of these types of individuals "friends" aren't really their friends, they just tend to be more kind than people like me. I have a hard time not calling people out on their bullshit. I've learned to just recognize it and ignore it, but still hard not to call them out on it.
Appreciate 1
bimmer4562962.50