08-19-2018, 11:03 PM   #11
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett530 View Post
The insurance company has decided not to repair my F30 after some guy made a left in front of me at an intersection. I'm looking for a replacement F30 335 but I'm rather confused about what I'm seeing on the used market.
My 2012 RWD Sportline has most all the options. I have enjoyed the Sport Automatic Transmission, Adaptive Suspension, and Variable Sport Steering but doing VIN searches on many used models, it seems to be very rare, which doesn't make sense to me.

I'm looking to get a used F30 x-drive M-Sport this time with:
SAT (S2TBA)
Adaptive M-Suspension (S2VFA)
Variable Sport Steering (2VLA)
But I'm finding this combo to be like hen's teeth. Are these options possibly not listed because the are standard in M-Sport package?
Out of 20 models i've done a VIN lookup for (2013-2015, M-Sport, x-Drive), only 2 have had adaptive suspension listed, 5 with SAT, and 2 with VSS. Only 1 car has had the combination of all 3 options.

Am I missing something? I would have expected this option to be very common.

What about adding in the Bilstein B16 49-255935 or did they never release them after announcing them 2 years ago?

Or the B6 Upgrade Adaptives?

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1296041

Furthermore, couldn’t the OEM Adaptive Suspension be retrofitted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneil View Post
It’s probably rare because it was a single check-box when ordering pre-LCI. If you weren’t specifically looking for it as an enthusiast, it probably got skipped over. I would also bet 95% of sportline and m-sport xDrive customers probably also thought, “oh I have sportline/m-sport, I already have a sport suspension and don’t need DHP” with the cruel irony that xDrive didn’t have a static sport suspension and they were actually getting the extra-soft xDrive-specific base suspension.
If they were one click for everything, why is OP finding so many variations in Post 1?

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 08-19-2018 at 11:22 PM..
Appreciate 1
vgore72.50