United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc888 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiedood View Post
My 2016 340i is totally stock with 13k miles. It has the M Sport suspension with 18" wheels and RFTs.

The car is my daily driver. I'm in San Francisco where the roads aren't that good. Pot holes, those large plates, light rail tracks. Mild winters with no snow.

I have no plan to mod it atm unless there are options to smoothen the ride without sacrificing handling.
I too have a 340i and I am almost positive your issue is mostly the Runflat tires. I upgraded mine with the Eibach Pro Kit suspension and Bilstein B8s, which I believe is firmer than your stock MPerformance sport suspension and the one common denominator is the OEM tires, that I had suffered with for the last 2 years.

The RFT are firm by design to self sustain the sidewall should you have a puncture but that is also the reason why you feel very crack and imperfection in the road and get a ton of tire noise. It makes the suspension feel down right “fragile” and “crashy” over anything but the smoothest surfaces.

My new solution (courtesy of eBay’s recent 10% eBay Bucks promo) was to get new non-RFTs. I ordered Michelin Pilot Sport PS4s and they are sitting in my kitchen as I type this response to be installed this week. I will gain a more complaint ride, much better non winter grip/handling, a quieter cabin and most importantly true enjoyment of my German sporty sedan!
Pack a lunch, because once you put those tires on you won't be home for a while!
Appreciate 0